December 20th, 2016
How To Prevent Blogger Blog From Redirecting To Country-Specific Domains
Most Bloggers knew that recently Google redirects blogger blogs their respective Country code TLD’s. Like if you are browsing a blog from Australia, it will be redirecting .com to .com.au domain. For instance, if you open xyz.blogspot.com in your browser, you will be redirected to xyz.blogspot.com.au if you are browsing from Australia.
Why Google redirects Blogger Blogs to Country Specific?
Google implemented this blogger blog redirection because of censorship on Internet and hide unwanted content. They started categorizing the content based on the writer & the reader’s country. A site with having unwanted contents, will be block in some countries but still have it displayed in the others.
Disadvantages of Country Specific Redirection
There are many problems with country specific domain redirection, from SEO to social share count., List of disadvantages …
- Social shares will be changed with country specific domains.If your blog xyz.blogspot.com has 5 tweets it will be changed with xyz. blogspot.com.au .
- No of backlinks will be different for each of the country specific domains and your blog will lose alexa rankings.
- It might problem with some applications and widgets.
How To Stop redirects Blogger Blogs to Country Specific?
1. Log In to Blogger account and visit your dashboard
2. Click on design of your Blog
3. Click on Edit HTML
4. Now copy the above code and search this line on your blogger template.
5. Paste the java script code below that line and save your template.
Now your visitors from anywhere in the world can see your blogspot.com domain only.