LinkedIn is one of the best Social Networking Site (SNS) for professionals. This networking website has more than 200 million registered users from more than 200 countries across the world. This website helps its users build their network of contacts. They are also known as list of connections. Such connections can be used in the following ways:
- Employers can put up a list of vacancies that are available in their organization on LinkedIn.
- Candidates who are looking for a job can become aware of the job positions that are available in the various companies.
- The employers can view the profile of potential candidates they wish to employ.
- Similarly the candidates can visit the profile page of the company to learn more information about the company.
- This website also provides users with the option of following companies. By doing so they will become aware of the positions that are open in a company from time to time.
- This website allows its users to upload their resume and create their own profile to showcase their skills and experience. This is one of the reasons why this networking website is being widely used. Here’s a list of tips on how to optimize your LinkedIn profile page.
Optimization tips for your LinkedIn profile page
- Become aware of the reason why you wish to have a profile on LinkedIn
This is the first and the most important tip to create a good LinkedIn profile. In order to do so you first need to become aware of the purpose of creating one. Become aware of the goal of your LinkedIn profile. This will help you create a professional LinkedIn profile rather effortlessly.
If you are a candidate who is on the lookout for a break in your career, you can highlight your achievements in school. If you are employer who is recruiting candidates you can emphasize on the career opportunities that your company offers. Before you create your profile ask yourself why you need one. This will help you create a goal oriented LinkedIn profile.
- Create an error-free LinkedIn profile
By visiting your profile page, a user begins to mentally create an impression about you in his mind. If you are a candidate seeking employment it becomes all the more important for you to ensure that your LinkedIn profile is error-free. On similar lines the LinkedIn profile helps potential candidates analyze a lot of aspects about you as an employee. Regardless of you being an employer or an employee it is essential that you proofread your profile. Ensue that your profile has no grammatical, spelling or typo errors.
- Let your profile create a positive image in the minds of your profile visitors
LinkedIn gives its users an opportunity to talk about themselves. The summary box of your profile needs to be smartly used to portray the positive side of you. Regardless of you being an individual who wishes to be hired or an owner of an organization who is recruiting potential candidates, watch the kind of content that you fit in the summary box. The tone of the content and the choice of words that you use should help you stand apart from the rest. Ensure that your profile visitors are able to see you in positive light having read the summary box of your LinkedIn profile.
- Watch the kind of image you upload
‘A picture speaks a thousand words’. Ensure that the kind of image you upload on your profile is professional. These are a few simple yet powerful tips that you can adopt while creating a LinkedIn profile page.